Yummy Teriyaki Ginger Chicken Wings made in the Instant Pot were a huge success! Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauces are wonderful and make cooking dinner a breeze.
But really folks, we can’t always make everything from scratch. We don’t always have the time to marinate and baste all day long.
We just don’t live in the 40’s or 50’s. So let’s use what we have to make sure we have delicious meals and make memories around the table, right?
Well Kikkoman doesn’t disappoint with it comes to their Teriyaki Sauces. This is a sponsored post. However, the views and opinions are mine.
Rest assured that these Teriyaki Ginger Chicken Wings were devoured.
They were fall off the bone scrumptious and I was thrilled with how easy I was able to put this meal on the table.
Instant Pots are a huge rage right now, they are trending like crazy. Unfortunately there is a learning curve that comes with these new appliances.
I’m here to help you pass with those failures so you can bring dinner to the table, a dinner where they will come back asking for more.
I purchased a 4lb bag of frozen chicken wings. I let them thaw on my counter for about as long as it took me to unload my groceries.
This made it so I could break them apart and they were not one large clump of chicken wing. haha…These babies were still frozen to say the least.
Regardless, I threw them into my instant pot with the trivet. I added 1 cup of water to the bottom and for kicks and giggles I showered them with salt and pepper, because…well…it makes me feel good to add some seasonings.
Then I set my Instant Pot to Manual and 12 minutes. Keep in mind these were frozen. If they were thawed, I would have cooked them for about 8 minutes.
Then I did a NR (Natural Release) for 10 minutes and QR (Quick Release) for the rest.
They looked good but I wasn’t done yet. I moved the wings to a large cookie sheet with a wire rack and placed each wing side by side.
Then I brushed on the Kikkoman Teriyaki Ginger Sauce and threw these bad boys into the oven on broil for about 5 minutes. Please note that I lower the rack in my oven to the 2nd level down. This allows for a nice slow broil without burning the wings.
My recipe told me that once is enough, however I’ve learned to follow my gut. So after 5 minutes I pulled them out and basted these wings again with sauce and threw them back into the oven.
I just prefer to get that caramel goodness of the sauce as it cooks under the broiler to make them so delicious and a little crispy.
Wings are finger food. So just enjoy the mess and get right into these wings. We love to serve these Appetizer Family Style. A Big ‘ol plate of them and let everyone just enjoy.
Don’t forget that Ranch Dressing is delicious regardless of the sauce on wings. It’s just tradition!
We have had the most fun with meals like this one where we can just be in the moment, laughing and talking.
Pin me to Pinterest
Teriyaki Ginger Chicken Wings | Instant Pot Recipe
- 1 4 lb bag Chicken Wings - Frozen
- 2 Tbs Season Salt
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounce Kikkoman Teriyaki Ginger Sauce
- Salt - To Taste
- Pepper - To Taste
- Sesame Seeds - Optional
- In a bowl sprinkle season salt over wings and toss to coat.
- Place frozen chicken wings in Instant Pot on trivet and pour 1 cup of water on the bottom. Salt and Pepper frozen Chicken Wings as desired.
- Set Instant Pot to Manual for 12 minutes for frozen chicken wings. 8 Minutes for thawed Chicken Wings. Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pressure up before cook time is started.
- Remove chicken wings and place on a wire rack on a cookie sheet. Baste with ½ cup of Kikkoman Terriyaki Ginger Sauce and put in over to Broil for 4-5 minutes. This will allow the sauce to cook into the wings. (I move the rack in the oven to the 2nd level down. This gives a nice slow broil and own't burn the wings.)
- Remove from oven and baste again with ½ cup of Kikkoman Teriyaki Ginger Sauce and place back under broiler for 4-5 minutes. This will really push those flavors into the wings and allow the outside to crispy up.
- Remove from oven and baste one more time with ½ cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Ginger Sauce. Then plate and enjoy wings either dipping in remaining sauce or Ranch Dressing. Enjoy.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.