One of my favorite things about Cheesecake Factory, besides the cheesecake of course, are the Sweet Corn Cakes. They are cooked up so wonderfully and served with Tomatillo Salsa.
It’s absolutely delicious. Here is my take on the Sweet Corn Cake Recipe from Cheesecake Factory. Be sure to check out my recipe for Tomatillo Salsa Too!
What's in Sweet Corn Cakes?
This recipe calls for Frozen Sweet Corn, there is just something about Frozen Sweet Corn that differs from canned sweet corn, so do yourself a favor and buy frozen. It really is best, especially for this recipe.
Sweet Corn cakes have very few ingredients, Corn, Masa Flour which is essentially corn flour, sugar, salt and butter. That’s it.
It’s an easy blend together kind of recipe too. But in the end you will have a mouthful of flavor that will bring you back for more.
Step 1: You will need to take about ¾th cup of thawed corn and put into a food processor and grind it up. You want a good puree, so just let it chop and blend.
Step 2: Then in a large mixing bowl place your thawed whole kernel corn, the pureed corn, masa flour, sugar, salt and room temperature butter. You do NOT want melted butter. I use a hand mixer to mix all these ingredients up so the butter gets mixed throughout.
Step 3: Use a medium cookie scoop, 1 ½ in, to have uniform cakes. I use my hands to pat them out and then place them on waxed paper.
You don’t want them too thin, but keep them consistent. They will cook better if you do. I can get about 10 corn cakes from this recipe. But if you want larger cakes you will get less.
How to Cook Sweet Corn Cakes
Step 1: Over medium heat allow your fry pan to get hot and use about 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Step 2: Once the skillet and oil are hot place your corn cakes on the pan. Hear the sizzle? Oh that is what you want!
Now be patient because these little bad boys are super fragile so don’t try to flip them too soon or they tent to fall apart. I let mine cook 4-5 minutes per side. It really depends on your heat.
I like to cook them longer so the middle gets cooked and has a nice texture and not a raw mush.
Once they are finished you can plate them up and enjoy. They are truly delicious if served with Tomatillo salsa and sour cream.
Sweet Corn Cakes | Cheesecake Factory Copy Cat Recipe
- 2 Cups Frozen Sweet Corn *Divided
- ½+ Cup Masa Flour Heaping ½ cup
- 3 Tbs Sugar
- 2 Tbs Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Butter Room Temperature
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Sour Cream, Salsa Optional garnish
- Use 1 Cup Corn and place in food process to puree. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl combine whole kernal corn, puree corn, masa flour, sugar, flour, salt and butter. Mix with a hand mixer to combine.
- Use 2 sponfulls to pat out a corn cake. Recipe will make 10 corn cakes. Place on wax paper
- Over medium heat (6-7) heat fry pan with Olive Oil. When pan and oil are hot place corn cakes on hot pan. Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes per side. You want a nice golden color before you flip the cakes.
- Cook an additional 4-5 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with Tomatillo Salsa, Sour Cream, Tomatoes.