Mandarin Chicken is a wonderful recipe that can be made in either the Crock Pot or Instant Pot Pressure cooker.
This recipe was given to me by a co-worker years ago. I fell in love with the simplicity of this dinner and better yet, loved it even more when my boys devoured it and asked for more.
That’s a win in my book for sure.
Served over rice, it’s a complete meal with only a few minutes preparation. Watch the Video Tutorial to see how it all comes together so easily and quickly.
Regardless how simple this recipe is for Mandarin Chicken, you and your family will love it.
Mandarin Chicken is tangy and sweet. Just a real combination of delicious flavors in your mouth.
Place chicken in Instant Pot and add the mixed salad dressing and cranberry sauce. Pour over the top and then top with mandarin orange. It really is just that simple.
Set your Instant Pot and you are ready to set the table, cook up a quick vegetable, or put your feet up after a long busy day. Your family with thank you and you will love Mandarin Chicken too.
Substitute French Dressing for Russian Dressing. They both are wonderful!
Don’t have an Instant Pot? No Trouble! Mandarin Chicken can be made in the Crock Pot too.
Follow the instructions and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 on high to cook your chicken. Delicious!
Step by Step Instructions
- In a rice cooker, place 2 cups rice and 4 cups liquid and get it started cooking. This will ensure that your meal will all be done at once if using the Instant Pot
- In a small bowl combine salad dressing and cranberry sauce. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Place Chicken Breasts into Instant Pot. Pour mixture over the top. Pour drained mandarin oranges on top. It’s important to add an additional ½ water to the Instant Pot for everything to cook properly.
- Set to Manual for 18 minutes. Natural Release for 5 minutes and Quick Release the remaining.
- Serve over a bed of rice. Place chicken on top with some of the juices and additional mandarin orange. Enjoy!
- For full recipe – Scroll to the very bottom of post for Recipe Card
Want to make your sauce thick? That's super easy. Reduce sauce in a sauce pan over medium heat until you reach desired thickness OR make a cornstarch slurry (2 Tbls cornstarch with a little liquid and stir in)
You will have a rich thick drizzle sauce for your rice and chicken too.
More great Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Parmesan
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Parm Pasta
- How to make Teriyaki Chicken
- Instant Pot Hamburgers
- Chicken Tuscan Pasta
- Instant Pot Steak Fajitas
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Easy Swiss Steak
- Crack Chicken Pasta
Mandarin Chicken and Rice
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can Cranberry Jelly *I prefer with whole berries
- 1 Cup Russian Dressing *Could substitute French Dressing
- 1 Can Mandarin Oranges
- 2 Cups Rice
- 4 Cups water
- ½ Cup water *Instant Pot Recipe Only
- In a rice cooker place 2 cups rice with 4 cups water. Salt to taste and start.
- In a small bowl combine salad dressing and cranberry sauce and miix to combine. Set aside.
- In a Crock Pot or Instant Pot: Place Chicken Breasts, pour mixture of salad dressing and cranberry sauce on top. Pour drained and rinsed can of mandarin oranges on top. (add ½ cup water to instant pot - Omit for crock pot)
- Instant Pot - Cook on Manual for 18 minutes. Natural Release for 5 minutes, Quick Release remaining time. Crock Pot - Cook on low for 6-8 hours until done.
- Serve Mandarin Chicken over Rice. Enjoy
Simple and quick recipe for a summer night!
This looks delicious! I love making dinners like this one!
Looks great! Actually, Mandarin Chicken is one of my husband's favorite meals. I am saving this one for sure, and will give it a try! Yummm! 🙂
This recipe looks so yummy! I love how easy it is too - perfect for busy weeknights! I’m looking forward to giving it try.
That sauce looks great!
Thanks Christa. The sauce is delicious and so incredibly easy to make. It's a burst of flavor in your mouth!
I love how simple this is! I'm not a big cooker, so I love these kinds of recipes. Thanks Friend!
I love Simple Recipes too...but I love even more when it's a winner and my family loves it!
What a clever and easy recipe! I never use my instant pot, but will have to get started.
Oh...you will be hooked with this Instant Pot Recipe. Love, love it!
So excited to try this . Pinned it will try this weekend ❤️
Thanks Sharon! Be sure to let us know how you liked it!
I am in need of some new recipes to change it up a bit! Thank you so much for this, I am so excited to try it!
I love to change up my recipes too. This is one of those perfect recipes to throw a twist into your dinner flavors.
I LOVE to cook and this recipe looks super easy and tasty. Looking forward to trying this one!
You will love how easy this recipe truly is. Perfect for busy nights. 🙂
Looks so yummy! We've been wanting more from our pressure cooker.
We love our Instant Pot. Sure makes Dinner a breeze!
This sounds delicious! Definitely saving this to my recipes board on Pinterest. Can’t wait to try it!
Thanks Meghan! Be sure to let us know how you liked it too!
I think my husband will like this! Thanks for sharing!
Looks delicious. Nice easy to follow instructions. Appreciate.
Looks delicious! Thanks for the new dinner idea.
Yum, that sauce looks delish!!
Can it really be this easy? We home cook everything we eat, including sauces, EXCEPT for Asian sauces. We love them but I never really thought of making them myself because they seem so complicated! I will be giving this recipe a try very soon! Thank you!
It really is just this easy. I love to show you recipes and make them live on video to show just how easy it truly can be. This would be great made from scratch!
Looks so good! I live anything I can just throw in the crock pot. I'll have to try this!
I agree Stacey! Anything that is quick and easy is perfect in my book...plus this tastes wonderful too!
Yum! This recipe looks delish!
My daughter would LOVE this! Adding it to my Pinterest board of yummies 🙂
My boys love this and will eat it right up. I love how simple and easy it is.